Saturday, August 8, 2020

Katydid

 My friend Kate was telling me one night about her favorite type of summer shirt. As I scoured the internet with her looking for a shirred bandeau-top, tunic-like top, I had the idea to knit one. 

I fought with the idea for a few days, typed up the pattern, and then finally cast on to only come up short about 20 meters of yarn. So I put it away until I received the perfect yarn from my friend, Sammy. 

A hank of DK and a hank of fingering weight. Both yarns held the colors of orchids and while they didn’t match, they were close enough to what I was wanting. 

I messed around with the pattern in a spreadsheet until I was satisfied with it enough to knit up a prototype. And here it is. 

DK bust, fingering weight bottom, with ties from fingering weight at the top of the bust.  There is so much stretch to the bust that this is a size XS on a S figure of my niece. 


I have already cast on my own, sizing down for myself also. I’d rather have it more form fitting and tighter in the bust so I don’t have to wear a bra with it. 

I will be releasing the pattern real soon on my website, Payhip and Ravelry. 

No comments:

Post a Comment